Enjoy 8% discount when you buy 12 bottles or more
For 24 hours, we show our LOVE for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
Alongside our Bordeaux sale, we offer in parallel a similar sale format featuring wines from Burgundy. For musings, we discuss the two wine regions that are the most famous in all France…
Burgundy is simplicity and diversity intertwined. There are just two primary grape varieties used in Burgundy; Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
It would be fair to say that Burgundy is everything that Bordeaux is not. Bordeaux produces about 69 million cases of wine, Burgundy produces just 0.5 million cases which is about 3% of the country’s wine production. Bordeaux’s wines exhibit the mastery of blending 5 different grapes, Burgundy winemakers produce pure expressions of 2 grapes without the blending.
Here are more fun facts about Burgundy:
- Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are not the only 2 grapes in Burgundy, there are plantings of Aligote, Gamay, Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris!
- Besides Red and White, it also makes a wonderful sparkling called Cremant de Bourgogne!
- Burgundy vines grow on terroir that was once an ancient seabed that forms the Kimmeridgian soils based on hard, calcium-rich shells which vintners believe impart the unique flavour profile in Burgundian wines.
- Starting 2014, Burgundy has overtaken Bordeaux as the leading region in terms of sales at the world’s leading wine auction houses.
The FGJ Offer
This Burgundy Back-Vintage Sale offering our members access to highly coveted Red and White wines closes in 24 hours on 21st March, 5pm sharp. The stock will fly into KL the first week of May 2018.
* Photos for ullage and labels for older vintages are available on request.
* 5% discount on orders of 6 bottles or more
*Free Delivery within Klang Valley for minimum spend of RM200